At our guild we were given a challenge. It was called a strip challenge and the rules were you must make 6 strips of what ever you wanted but the must measure a minimum of 8 1/2" high by 18" long! I love using wool and I wanted to use everything in my stash, you know all those wonderful bits and bobs that you keep saying to yourself "one day I will use that!" Well by gosh or by golly I did, and thought of all those buttons I had collected over the years. Although I didn't use all of them, I did learn how to sew the buttons on by machine! I love learning something new! By the time I had sewn on all those buttons the name came to me. Flowers and buttons and believe me I was tired of sewing on the buttons, so the name popped into my head, I can wait to get all those bloomin buttons on! Hence, "All those Bloom'n buttons" came to be!
Maybe one day I will make this into a pattern!