Massive earthquakes occurred in Tohoku and Kanto areas in Japan on March 11.
We’ve been deeply troubled by the overwhelming damage in these areas.
We’d like to do something for the disaster victims and concluded that the best thing we, quilters can do is to make quilts for them because quilts comfort people by their softness and colors as well as being useful for warming. In such devastated situations, it would be wonderful to have a soft, cuddly quilt.
We’d appreciate your help to support the sufferers who lost their family, home or everything.
Here is the guideline to make quilts for them
- size: 1m x 1.2m
- There are no rules about the design, techniques and material for the top.
- For the backing, please use soft flannel or double gauze. You may find these as material for babies.
- If you tie your quilt, please use only thread, without buttons nor beads, etc. to avoid babies’ accidentally swallow.
- Please avoid plastic basting fasteners for basting and invisible thread for quilting
- If you include your message, please write it on a 15cm x 10cm piece of white fabric and sew it on the back side of your quilt.
We’d appreciate your sharing this project with your quilting friends.
By the end of July, please send quilts to:
c/o Brother Sales Ltd.
4th floor, 3-3-8 Kyobashi,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0031, Japan (phone:+81-3-3273-0231)
We’d appreciate your covering the shipping and understandingwe can’t send the receipt to each.
We’ll deliver your quilts to the sufferers responsibly.
Thank you very much for your help !