Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bernina 550

Well, I have been sewing with the Bernina 550 and boy it has a beautiful stitch! This machine has a needle up/down button, so you can keep the needle in a down position while pivoting during the applique process and when you stop during the machine quilting process. 

One thing I miss though is the scissor cutter.  If you haven't had it then you won't miss it but I have, it on my own machine and it's something you can't do without once you have it.

It has a wonderful selection of decorative stitches, so if you are a seamstress, it has a wonderful selection to choose from to make your outfits one of a kind.  It also does a wonderful buttonhole, as it stitches both side of the buttonhole from back to front. 

This machine also comes with the Bernina Stitch Regulator, so if you want always wanted to machine quilt but find it so intimidating, this
is great for the beginner as it  will give you perfect machine quilting right from the start. 

As a quilter I would prefer a longer arm and a larger table as a I machine quilt large quilts. 

It's user friendly, it has a beautiful stitch and as I mentioned it's great to take to classes, retreats and workshops. 

So I give this a thumbs up!

Thank you for the opportunity to try this machine, but it has to go back!

No comments: