Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's happening these days at Quilted Escapes!

It's been a busy time here in the studio and out of the studio. This is one our newest designs called "Garden Harvest". This was designed with Northcott's fabric line called "Natures Glow". This is fun and easy pattern to do. I will be teaching this in a class at A Great Notion in the winter session, so come out and join me.

What else has been happening, well, we had great weather for our Quilts at Tanglebank show and the people! Wow, we had visitors from all over British Columbia who joined us for the day. We would like to thank our Volunteers who made this show such a success!

I also just came back from the Quilters Connection Magazine retreat. I had the pleasure in meeting quilters from the island, as well as the mainland and the interior. We had Annemarie Ewart join on Friday night with "What's Quilting go to do with it"! What a hoot, and boy did I learn a lot!. We also had a wine and cheese party at our local quilt shop on Saturday evening. Thank you to Pam, Sonya and Judi at A Great Notion - Abbotsford for making all our guest feel welcome! If you missed your chance to join us this year, join us at our next retreat that will be in Sept. 2011! Watch for more details later this year!

Hmm...! Oh yes, I also had an opportunity to spend the day with Sue Hausmann from American Sews Creatively! She had us in stitches with her stories and I'm sure glad I didn't have to cross the border with what she had! I was surprise there was room for Herb! Thank you for a wonderful day!

I would like to hear feed back on my newest design, so if you have a comment please let me know at suequilts1@shaw.ca.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a pretty quilt but I can't believe it is all that easy.

Quilted Escapes said...

Hi Julie, This is truly and easy quilt to make and thank you for you nice comments!