Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quilts for Japan

As I watch the news, I'm horrified with what has and is happening in Japan and feel helpless.  I received an email from EQ who asked if we could share this information with our quilting community to see if we can help in some small way.  Naomi Naomi Ichikawa, is the Editor of Patchwork Quilt tsushin Patchwork Tsushin Co.,Ltd has asked if we could send quilts, which she in turn will hand out to those in need.  I know what a quilt can do, not only keep you warm, but reminds me of these people who made it, cared for me in my time of turmoil and the comfort it gave me!   So here is Naomi's request:


It is still bad situation now in Japan.

We are still nervous about shaking and radiation,but no way to escape.

I start to announce to the quilters to send us comfort quilts for the
people who are suffered.I would like to do it to the world quilters.
We will deliver the comfort quilts to the people who are very difficult
situation.

Could you please help to announce it to the quilters?

We accept any size of quilts(baby to adult).new or unused.
The deadline would be the end of May or later.

Send the quilts to:
until the middle of April;

Naomi Ichikawa,Editor of Patchwork Quilt tsushin Patchwork Tsushin Co.,Ltd
5-28-3,Hongo,Bunkyo-ku,Tokyo,Japan zip:113-0033

after the middle of April
Naomi Ichikawa
Patchwork Tsushin Co.,Ltd
2-21-2,Yushima,Bunkyo-ku,Tokyo,Japan zip:113-0034

I will appreciate if you help me.


Naomi

No comments: