Saturday, July 30, 2016

What's new you ask?

It has been a very busy year here at Quilted Escapes.

Fall of 2015, my husband and I decided that I needed more space. Yes, more space and as we talked I realized that I would also like to hold classes in my new space as  I have been asked numerous times over the years if I taught classes from my studio.  Well it is now a reality and we are in the last part of the renovation. "Quilted Escapes Studio" is near completion and I'm so excited!  It's been a long journey but I now can see the light!     I'm in the process of  scheduling  the  classes that will be offered in the studio starting in Sept. 2016, so keep in touch.  Not only will I be teaching in the studio but I will also continue to teach at guilds, quilt shops and  trade shows.   The class schedule will be found on my website at www.quiltedescapes.net.




Our little family has also grown again with our new grandson William which arrived on  March 31, 2016 and he is a happy little guy!

I also have new job working for Trend-Tex Inc.and feel very lucky to be part of such a wonderful team. This is a designer's dream job!  I'm now designing and creating with fabrics by Moda, Hoffman, Michael Miller, Benartex and RJR to name a few! I'm also only 15 minutes drive from home.  Life is good.  

To celebrate  Canada's 150th birthday I have created a pattern called "Canada, Now and Forever" using a new fabric line called "With Glowing Hearts" by  Grace Noel. Grace is also a fellow Canadian and  I'm so honoured to have this opportunity!  Ask for it in your local quilt shop in November 2016. 



Next  is "Evening Garden" which is now in stores.



So until next time keep on quilting!

Sue







No comments: